Our school day and timings
0830 Playground opens and a teacher in on duty at the end of School Lane
0850 Bell rings, in for register
0900 Collective worship
1030 –1045 Playtime KS2 (Aspens and Oaks). EYFS and KS1 playtime is flexible..
1500 End of day for EYFS and KS1 (Catkins and Acorns)
1515 End of day for KS2 (Aspens and Oaks)
The School office is staffed from 0830 to 1530 daily. Mrs Deeson, our Family Liaison Officer is available before and after school 3 days per week. It may be possible to talk to class teachers before or after school, although making a formal appointment is recommended.
The location of our village school means we are very lucky to be surrounded by beautiful countryside. The only downside to this is that at times road safety is compromised for the children and we do not have a school car park.
There are various things in place to promote road safety including staggered start and end times to the school day day and our drop off service in the mornings.
In addition you can help as follows::
- Please do not reverse or turn around at the top of School Lane. This is really dangerous. Please do not drive into or park your car School Lane. There are limited spaces for the teachers to park and there is nowhere to turn around. You arr also at risk of blocking in our neighbours.
- Please do not park where the road narrows near Clare House in Frinsted Road. This causes a bottleneck of traffic, meaning parents have to reverse and this is dangerous for children getting out of cars.
- When walking in Frinsted road, please keep your children close to you at all times.
- Please drive carefully on your way to and from school and remain within the speed limit due to narrow roads and blind corners.
- Please think carefully about where you are parking and look to see if you are blocking any access for other cars to pass. As well as inconvenience to others there is a serious risk of emergency vehicles not being able to get through.
- Please park as sensibly as possible, thinking of other parents and neighbours.
- Please remember all parents are in the same position and the best thing we can all try to do is be as patient and conscientious as possible.
Our children take road safety very seriously and we have an official school road safety poster dd a road safety leaflet designed by children.